- 29% of Participants had a mental distress score that could indicate a severe mental disorder such as anxiety or depression.
- 46% participants showed moderate mental distress
- 26% participants’ Scoff scale scores indicate that they may have an eating disorder
- On a scale of 1-5, the average participant score for Transgender Congruence was 3.8. Transgender Congruence is the degree to which transgender individuals feel genuine, authentic, and comfortable within their external appearance/presence and accept their genuine identity rather than the socially prescribed identity. (Kozee et al. 2012).
- The higher a participant’s transgender congruence score, the less they experienced mental distress.